Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's a Boy!

So, I know that I am a week or so late in making the blog announcement, but hey...it has been kinda crazy!
We had our ultrasound on July 6th and honestly, I was nervous!! I had kept telling myself that I didn't mind either way what baby's gender was, but I was worried that if the Dr. told me it was a girl I might would realize that I had secretly been wanting a boy, or vice versa...Brandon and my BFF were laughing at me telling me how ridiculous I was for being nervous....
Before we were taken back into the room, I could tell I was getting butterflies in my tummy...(Or, I guess it could have just been Baby H moving) but either way..It felt like it was taking FOREVER!!!
Fast forward about 15-20 minutes and there we are, watching the miracle moving around on the TV. When the nurse finally asked the anticipated question of if we wanted to know the gender...I felt even more nervous..Stupid I know,( in the words of both Brandon and my BFF "its not like they were going to tell me it was a horse")
Finally... "Its a Boy"
My immediate reaction was to look over at Brandon, whom I knew was instantly the most proud (soon-to-be) Daddy in the world....I was flooded with emotions honestly, can't even begin to tell you how I was feeling in that moment...I do however, know that I was falling more in love with my husband and "little boy" as the seconds ticked by.

We cannot wait to welcome Baby H into his fabulous Gamecock Nursery that is in the works...I will post some pics soon for your eye candy and for opinions!!


1 comment: