Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maternity Must Have!

After talking with the Dr. at our last appointment, she advised me that I needed to take it easy. I was a little emotional
( Imagine that... me+pregnant=emotional..LOL) about the numbers on the scale as I walked out of the lab area. Once Dr. Gee came in we discussed my concerns about that "fabulous number" and she then began to check the swelling on my feet, legs, hands, arms and even my face. I have been retaining an un-godly amount of fluid!
I haven't been able to wear my wedding/engagement rings now for about 2 months and I had to resort to wearing a pair of Crocs Clogs EVERYDAY with EVERYTHING since that was the only thing my feet would fit into...(*And a special Thanks to Bruiser chewing up pair #2 of Rainbows)
I finally broke down and bought some new shoes....I bought (yet another) pair of Rainbows and I also bought a pair of Sanuk Flip Flops, that caught my eye b/c they are made with real yoga mats!!


After wearing these around for a day or two I decided I loved them soo much and they were sooo extremely comfortable..That today I took the Rainbows back and exchanged them for another pair of Sanuks in brown!!
These flops are absolutely a pregnant woman's best friend!!

I wanted to share another amazing discovery that I came across today as well. On my journey through the experience that is Wal-Mart I went looking for some type of "foot care"...(*Granted, the flips are great but they do not help the swelling) since I had read an article about recommendations (which consisted of mostly $20 and $30 tubes of products...Out of my budget)
I noticed a few different options and then suddenly spotted a Sally Hansen "Instant Foot and Leg Relief Gel"....It was reasonably priced (About $6.00) so I opted to try it....

I started with only putting it on my right foot and leg to see if I could really tell a difference between before and after...
There was a difference!!! My feet did not feel as heavy and "logged down" and I started to think I could almost feel the blood circulating a little better ( Probably just my imagination, I know)....However, I was more than impressed!!
That being said, I then got Brandon to massage it into my other foot and leg and the feeling was even better...(especially since I didnt have to try and reach down to my feet again)

As far as the physical swelling, I dont believe I have had it on long enough to notice too much of a difference. I rushed right into my blog-o-sphere to share this amazing new product!
Here is picture however of my Flintstone Feet just shortly after I put it on... (*WARNING--My feet are NOT pretty at the moment..Ive got a Pedi scheduled for next week!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment